I am an underground journalist interested in unearthing our built world's buried history...
Preview every article on one long page. Great for casual browsing and first time visitors...
- Former Coal Dock Crane Collapses, Superior, WI (February 24, 2015)
- Top 50 Photos from 2014 (December 26, 2014)
- Portland Huron is today’s featured ghost sign on Zenith City (.com)! (August 27, 2014)
- UP Panoramas (June 17, 2014)
- Two Harbors Roundhouse Demolition (June 10, 2014)
- Wilson Bros. Magazines: ‘Behind the Seams’ and ‘Sew and Sew’ (June 8, 2014)
This building seemed a bit too eager to murder me, but it was too late to turn back. Built with inadequate materials, due to WWI material shortages, and built in a hurry, due to its sister plant burning to the ground, every day this building still stands flouts time, nature, and gravity.
I have a unique perspective of the Allouez Ore Docks, and that's my usual perch on the last light hoop. Find out how the docks sound when the lake freezes. What it's like to watch a 1,000 foot ore carrier passing by in the fog. Finally, I go in detail to tell the history of this place, where boats and trains danced by the lake.