I am an underground journalist interested in unearthing our built world's buried history...
Preview every article on one long page. Great for casual browsing and first time visitors...
- Portland Huron is today’s featured ghost sign on Zenith City (.com)! (August 27, 2014)
- UP Panoramas (June 17, 2014)
- Two Harbors Roundhouse Demolition (June 10, 2014)
- Wilson Bros. Magazines: ‘Behind the Seams’ and ‘Sew and Sew’ (June 8, 2014)
- Thunder Bay Polaroids (May 24, 2014)
- Cordes House Ruin (March 20, 2014)
In mid-1880s, a few men began tunneling under downtown Duluth looking for a fortune. Now there's no trace of their labor under the Point of Rocks, is there?
In 1910, after three years of digging and blasting, workers finished their giant tunnel from West End right into downtown Duluth. It's still there, hiding.