Scrappers tried to take this steel pulley out of Fisher, but it proved too heavy.
Circa-1960s graffiti. Someone got their ass kicked.
Rocket propellant and coolant were stored underground adjacent to the missile silo. This is the hallway that connects the missile area to the propellant area. Walking in this area was nice because the floor was dry.
Lit by the glow of St. Paul’s West Seventh bars, highlighted by the cool blue of the sleepy section of South Side. This castle-like tower can be seen for miles around town; a Landmark at the brewery that brewed a brew by the that name.
The perimeter fence still holds strong, 50 years after it was put up.
These houses were built for the use of the lighthouse keepers in 1913 (left) and 1916 (right). The second house was added when the entry added a fourth light and required a second rotation. Today, there are no unbroken windows in either building.
The coal water power plant stack accompanied the smell of an arson.
The elevator tower seems to have been built with expansion of the dock in mind.
About a second after the explosives were triggered.