The Beeghley was launched in 1958… you can see it unloading limestone here with its retrofitted self-unloader. Update: This ship has been renamed the ‘James L. Oberstar’ after the Minnesota Senator. [Read more on Boardnerd.com here: http://www.boatnerd.com/pictures/fleet/oberstar.htm]
Each room is painted a different hue, so the light reflecting into the hallway carries those colors. The blue padding on the left is for one of the padded rooms…
Another ruined spiral staircase in the mill.
Timbers overlap where mine cars plunged, a strange wooden fence traced the center of the beams.
Transfer Elevator, Built 1916
Like a railgun pointed at the Rockies… the boom would direct tailings–junk rock–outside of the dredge pond.
Sugar mills have endless numbers of pipes, washers, seals, and flanges to connect all of the equipment. This is where the spare parts were all stored by size and rating.
The basement held a makeshift chapel.
At night the city lights blast through the broken windows, casting crazy colors through the off-white interior of the mill.