Sprouts of life in center of a smashed glass block.
A firedoor dating to the original car barn is roped off, anticipating demolition.
Lit by the glow of St. Paul’s West Seventh bars, highlighted by the cool blue of the sleepy section of South Side. This castle-like tower can be seen for miles around town; a Landmark at the brewery that brewed a brew by the that name.
A sign in the desolate cafeteria.
The cladding on the 1926 elevator is beginning to submit to the high velocity prairie winds.
Where equipment was scrapped.
Workers in the basement tunnels had to communicate with the workhouse operators 100 feet above and vice versa. Alarms and bells were installed to signal trouble over the sound of the elevator machinery.
The back of the neon sign before it was converted to LED lighting. The image is mirrored so it can be read.