A century-old ghost sign for Royal House Flour was preserved after a building is built above and through it! Looking from the north annex elevator toward the headhouse.
This elevator was built in 1922 and was used until the passing rails were removed in the mid-1970s.
Four A.M. was the best time to be on the main assembly line. This was about shortly after most of the machinery was removed.
A safe distance from Prize Mine is its dynamite storage vault, designed to explode up–not out–should the worst happen.
Between the Old Crow and Old Taylor bonded warehouses are some of the fouled barrels, now the only ones left, which were left to rot in the elements. Nearby in a loading bay that has obviously been disused longer than the rest of the property, terra cotta roofing waits in crates.
These rails used to connect to those inside the Santiago Tunnel. Now they dangle above tailings.
One of the large barracks. All of them are overgrown like this.
Ladders crawl the back of the signs. Graffiti writers’ right of passage.
A rare door left on the workhouse. The stairs to the left led down into a flooded basement. Kodak Portra 160/Mamiya 6.