A super-long exposure of the side of the middle of Daisy Elevator, built in 1927. The oldest silos are closest to the mill and date to 1916. They were expanded toward Superior in 1927 and 1941. The total capacity is about 500,000 bushels.
One of the covered rail loading docks. All of them were overgrown and rust-clad.
Looking across at the Cargill elevator.
Outside the Chateau, where the fuel oil tank blocks the chapel.
Looking down the walkway that traces the bottom side of the ore dock.
Where the drain changes shape from round concrete to arched brick.
The white mark allowed for a manual RPM check on this big steel flywheel on the ground floor. Note how dark the bottom level of the mills is—that’s because all of the equipment is blocking out the light.
The remains of the site radar beside the command building.
These steam powered pumps were integral to the cooling of the meat packing plant next door.