It seems like this pipe was made to return dust to the collector in the main workhouse from the annex.
After a religious conversion from actors to projectors, a rebranding was in order.
Looking at the engine house (left) from atop the stoves.
Looking into the tunnel system from below the Women’s Ward. The tunnels were used mostly by staff to move food and laundry.
These machines are at least 100 years old.
Isabella A (left) and B (right) were built in 1910 and 1913, respectively.
The gauges on left of frame are the steam pressure indicators for the various steam-powered components around the ship, like the steering engine and windlass motors. Below the gauges are a case of tiny wooden parts drawers… note the ancient oiling can on the locker near the upper-right corner of the frame.
Because of the dangers of storing the materials to make explosives as well as the explosives themselves, there were earthen bunkers all across the plant like this.
Gold, which has a relatively high mass, would drop through the slats of the sluice boxes as the water flowed over them. Around the dredge were a half dozen radiator pipes to keep the water flowing through the machines.