The Tilston School,built in the late 1960s. In front of it is a memorial and model to the first schoolhouse. This building, however, has been turned into a kind of town dump. The classrooms are filled with mattresses and discarded tires and trash.
Outside the Chateau, where the fuel oil tank blocks the chapel.
Old conveyor belts are draped over the sides of the ore chutes to cut down on the noise and wear of the dumping trains.
Ringling’s church was built in 1914 and sits on a hill over the town.
The headquarters for the plant was in the middle of it. It’s abandoned but well preserved–a strange sight in Gary, Indiana.
ADM overshadows the Meal Elevator. The cleared area behind is now home to Surley Brewery.
Giant ingredient hoppers stand on a concrete floor covered in peeled paint.