Upper Prize Street in Nevadaville earned the nickname ‘dogtown’ when a pack of dogs took over the abandoned houses.
A control panel that was mothballed, anticipating a time when the plant may be reactivated.
The stage of the theatre still holds hymnals and other vestiges of its time as a church.
The cornerstone of the building, in Latin.
Old boathouses near the dock.
The bits with handles are the filters with screens of different sizes. Larger grain particles would be stopped at the top for further reduction via the mills, while the powder at the bottom would be run through another bolter–one of the refinement stages in flour production.
Detail view of one of the fermenting tanks, still set-up for the distillery tours that no doubt took place when there last were such things. Nevertheless, the capacity of this tank multiplied across these all over the distillery floor really shows the power this company once had.
The entrance to the area where staff could sleep.
This elevator was built in 1922 and was used until the passing rails were removed in the mid-1970s.