The side of Stelco and its scrubber-stacks. This is demolished now.
A breeze and broken window has animated one of the few curtains still hanging in Nopeming as of 2015.
ZC was sure proud of his castle!
The mine was built with stone, wood, and steel. It’s in good condition.
Below the pressure gauges are rows of little pipe fitting drawers.
The Brown Hotel still stands, but has recently gone out of business again. One of the nice things about historic buildings in New Mexico, though, is things tend to stay around a lot longer than if they were subjected to lots of rain and snow. It will probably be reopened eventually.
In the basement were all the valves to control the flow of municipal steam through the building. This hasty hand letting was beside one such valve, near a carved brick with a name and ‘1934’ under it.
Looking past the Osborn along the side of the Hughitt Slip, where there have always been grain elevators for more than 100 years.