The Freedom – Brahm A huge steel tank, one of several left over, left over from either the Ashland Oil or Allied Chemical periods. Related Similar Images ...based on the tags: clouds, contrails, favorites, HDR, laders, pipes, rusty, tanks... Stained windows and sheet metal catch the sunset from across the Ohio River. The parking lot is in better condition than most of the complex. The left building is the lab. The new steel door of the diesel car shops, built in 1948 and used through the 1960s, as seen from the service pit. On the top of the photograph you can see the exhaust vent. This is the crane that would be used to lower extra-heavy bits of copper ore into the fire of the furnace. Blue plastic siding filters the summer sun, giving the otherwise reddish-brown interior a splash of color. For a short time, CN mounted flood lights atop the abandoned dock. This section of the hospital recently collapsed. Van Dyke Cab Company and Yellow Cab served the terminal in lieu of a streetcar loop downtown, which was planned but never built. A sharp turn in the coatings department twists the steel out of sight.