This is what the complex looks like today to the bare eye. Dull, monochrome, quiet.
Installed in 1904 at the center of the plant, this is one of two batteries of boilers. Being in Oshkosh, heat was very important to keeping labor moving in the cold months.
Scrappers tried to take this steel pulley out of Fisher, but it proved too heavy.
These corner pilings served as bumpers… a little assurance against wind, ice, and new captains.
The pipes in the boiler would be full of water, so the heat in the furnace.
The light masts are there, but it looks like the cables that stretched across the dock with the actual lights have fallen down.
The conveyor between the shore and Dock 2. Note the gap in the aerial walkway that used to connect Dock 4 to the rest of the complex.
The only way to get to the second floor–since demolition crews punched-out the staircases and ladders leading upwards–was to climb this elevator shaft. In the lower-left corner is a blower for the foundry furnaces.