An employee lunchroom with every door and window covered in vented steel.
The side stairs were worn smooth by use.
Four A.M. was the best time to be on the main assembly line. This was about shortly after most of the machinery was removed.
Carter Color used to occupy this block.
Two bin signs criss-cross in the North Annex.
Hales & Hunter sign, as it looks today.
Between the ice chute and the back of the north section of the cellars, a little pillar shows where a room used to be. The ceiling’s disintegration has since filled the space, which seems to be the last point of expansion in the cave–this was last carved in the mid-1840s.
The fantastic red elevator that is Pool #61, built 1928.
Looking out of the American diesel crane at the gantry crane that ran the length of the dock.