The shaft house, where hydraulic steel doors allowed or denied entry into the mine shaft. Overhead is a light and alarm. If it sounds, the mine is being evacuated, and you best not go in and best stay the hell out of the way. Locals dump tires here, now.
This building would store and maintain warheads. It was right next to the launch pad, but the two were separated by a high mound.
An iron gate separates vaults below the barracks.
A common room with a big bay window that overlooked the main entrance of the hospital.
Additional Sacred Heart Building (1949) Collapse, 2012, Courtesy Chris Naffziger @ http://stlouispatina.blogspot.com/2011/12/st-marys-infirmary.html
Downtown and the blight.
A panorama of the Shipping/Receiving building on the northeast end of the block. In the old days this would be facing the ‘Dry Dock Hotel’, a boarding house owned by the company, presumably for the use of the men having their boats repaired here.
Hunter’s custom large format rig looks pretty cool, doesn’t it?
A bumper sticker with the usual tagline. Note the detail on the radiator!