Many outdoor areas of the plant have become unofficial city dumps. The skeleton doesn’t care.
The only way to get to the second floor–since demolition crews punched-out the staircases and ladders leading upwards–was to climb this elevator shaft. In the lower-left corner is a blower for the foundry furnaces.
While it looks like a sidewalk, this is the roof the infamous (thanks to Ghost Adventures) steam tunnel that connects the steam plant and demolished Hart House.
Worm in the path of raw ore where it would be dumped from rock cars into the silo below.
Mammoth Mine overlooks Central City from atop Mammoth Hill. In the distance you can make out Coeur d’Alene Mine (red), which operated from 1885 through 1940.
The elevator tower seems to have been built with expansion of the dock in mind.
The fantastic Art Deco portico over the main entrance to the concourse.
Looking across the spired rooftop of the Kirkbride building. In the foreground is a fire chute that contains a metal spiral slide designed to evacuate patients in case of a fire. Note the ironwork on the chimney.
A diesel crane and conveyor belt tripper are the major pieces of equipment that dominate the dock.