An experimental shaft dug in the 1950s and its Hoist House.
ADM overshadows the Meal Elevator. The cleared area behind is now home to Surley Brewery.
Winter skies over Allouez Bay. From a distance, it looks almost fragile.
Under the monster and its teeth.
A super-long exposure of the side of the middle of Daisy Elevator, built in 1927. The oldest silos are closest to the mill and date to 1916. They were expanded toward Superior in 1927 and 1941. The total capacity is about 500,000 bushels.
A yellow house above the mineshaft.
Before each warhead was crated, it was inspected.
The workshop sat below the main working floor and had serious power going to it.
This is a 1956 furnace. It was used to forge wheels, casings, and parts for the axel shop.