In the nurses’ dormitories, beds, couches and chairs still sit. It’s unclear whether these are remnants of the homeless shelter in the 80s or the actual nurses.
The beacon was installed in 1938 and removed in the mid-2000s.
Bayard Sugar Mill, as seen from the old power plant
A Kiva is an underground, or partly underground, chamber for ceremonies.
While the stokers are gone, the pipes bringing pulverized coal down were left.
This electric Wellman crane was added to extract coal from ships for the power plant that Erie built beside their dock. Now, with the advent of self-unloading boats, it’s been replaced by a funnel and conveyor belt.
The last of four radar domes on the base.
C’mon, guys. PIck up to trash.
Chester Creek takes many such sliding dives where it empties into Lake Superior.