ADM-Delmar #1- Maintainance Department. The stainless steel bits are part of the grain dryer added in the 1940s. The workhouse itself (the larger tower) was a dedicated Cleaning House, meaning that grain passed through both these buildings to be rid of dust, dirt and extra moisture before storage. In the foreground is the old ADM locker room and pipe department.
There were a few large houses on the Old Crow property where employees would live. The glen had little housing.
The front door to the auditorium.
The spectacular, if precarious, view of downtown Minneapolis from the roof of ADM Annex 4. Note the great messages left by various graffiti artists who made it to the spot.
Chutes from a hundred machines interconnect to more machines and chutes on a dozen factory floors.
Shadows of the skylights form a backdrop for rust-welded machines.
Latin; to grow. Root of the English word ‘surge’.
General Mills bought Consolidated Elevator’s “D” in 1943 and renamed it “A,” though no additional elevators have followed from that firm to date. Visible on the right is the first annex, built along with the elevator in 1909.
In the soft wood of the machine, an employee left their mark.