The east portal, looking toward Nopeming Junction and away from the US Steel ruins and Duluth’s ore docks.
Chester Creek takes many such sliding dives where it empties into Lake Superior.
In the far back of the cellars there are some old bottles. This arch shows an old entrance to the cellars, now collapsed.
One of the old cooperage buildings is largely unchanged from when it was built. The raised section of the building houses a crane.
The tallest dock structure is an equipment elevator that connects the many dock levels.
Ektar 100/Mamiya 6. Looking out the window a the foundations of the demolished company homes.
A dead belt-o-vator.
One of the pair of motors that powered this mine shaft. In the 1950s, this shaft was designated a rescue shaft, and was only maintained for emergencies. One reason that Cheratte built Shaft 3 nearby was because these motors and infrastructure did not have the capacity that the giant mine below called for.
A street side exposure of the original 1914 section of the orphanage. Turned into black and white to deemphasize all the graffiti across the front steps.