This armory was built in 1915 for the 3rd Regiment of the Minnesota National Guard.
During the World Wars, it was a place where troops would train and muster, and where equipment was stored. Occasionally, it would be used as a concert hall. This is where a young Bob Dylan watched Buddy Holly in 1959, one of Buddy’s last appearances before he was killed in a plane crash. The city bought the building in 1978 and used its offices for community improvement programs and stored fleet vehicles in the drill room. It was purchased by a group of preservationists in 2004 and is awaiting funding to reopen as a music and arts center.