A ship passes the abandoned dock on its way to Duluth. Taconite dust stains the sides of its hull red.
Part of the Pillsbury tunnel that brought water back to the Mississippi River.
Summertime is when Duluth goes to the lakeside to listen to music, visit traveling fairs, and talk to neighbors about the smell of the lake. As seen from the castle walls.
Just a couple guys enjoying an industrial ruin.
Looking out across the elevator row from Portland Huron’s roof. Don’t you love the color of the sky?
Thunder Bay Elevator, now stands without a headhouse. Around the silos, a few shacks still stand.
There’s concrete under that dirt… under that water… somewhere.
Looking toward the museum from a broken window on the side of the concrete tower. The sign on top lights everything a dull pink-orange.
A super-long exposure of the side of the middle of Daisy Elevator, built in 1927. The oldest silos are closest to the mill and date to 1916. They were expanded toward Superior in 1927 and 1941. The total capacity is about 500,000 bushels.