These houses were built for the use of the lighthouse keepers in 1913 (left) and 1916 (right). The second house was added when the entry added a fourth light and required a second rotation. Today, there are no unbroken windows in either building.
A yellow house above the mineshaft.
Many outdoor areas of the plant have become unofficial city dumps. The skeleton doesn’t care.
Below Grand Army Mine is Gold Collar. A ‘collar’ is the braced section around the portal of a mine shaft.
“Five Roses” was the brand of flour that Lake of the Woods marketed. Later, this became another Manitoba Pool elevator. Notice the “POO” up top? It’s missing the ‘L’…
A back-lit tree with the silhouette of a roof spire in the background.
The screen and mineral stained window cross-processed the sky.
From left to right: shaft building, headframe, rock house, hoist house.
The tangled telegraph lines between Mitchell and the engine house keep the old pole from topping in the wind.