General Mills bought Consolidated Elevator’s “D” in 1943 and renamed it “A,” though no additional elevators have followed from that firm to date. Visible on the right is the first annex, built along with the elevator in 1909.
The Dock 5 sign at track level. Probably as an aid to sailors reboarding their vessels.
Spare parts ready for this building’s reactivation.
One of the generators, weeks before it was taken apart to be shipped to another power plant somewhere else.
Looking up at the LEMP malting plant elevator. Look at that BRICKWORK!
An old sign directed patients and visitors back to toward the central parts of the hospital.
The Port Arthur elevator row, as seen from the edge of Fort William.
The historic entrance of the mill, alongside the (relatively) new Great Western offices.
Looking up the hill from the rooftop of the Temple Opera Block. The downtown casino (left) looks far closer to its original use as a Sears Roebuck department store than it does today. Behind it is the blighted Carter Hotel, one of many abandoned buildings near the former Orpheum.