Like a grave marker, a single post remembers where Dock 3 stood on the bay.
Standing on the ruins of the burned Northern Pacific RR Freight House. It’s the best place to watch ships move around the harbor. Some things haven’t changed…
On the left you can see one of the later air shafts for the mine below, which allowed for natural air exchange with the main production areas of the coal mine. That is to say, there were no fans blowing fresh air down below.
Sometime soon, maybe in early 2016, someone will have this view from their office or condo.
A row of security lights line the roof of the power station.
General Mills bought Consolidated Elevator’s “D” in 1943 and renamed it “A,” though no additional elevators have followed from that firm to date. Visible on the right is the first annex, built along with the elevator in 1909.
Platforms and abandoned outbuildings, as seen in 2005.
Stained windows and sheet metal catch the sunset from across the Ohio River.
The gulls wait to eat the next load of spilled grain. Arista 100.