The beacon was installed in 1938 and removed in the mid-2000s.
Looking through a secure ward door at the destroyed rooms beyond.
Little has changed inside the mill, but since it was built in 1916, many tanks and ancillary buildings have popped up around it.
This picture is lit by a direct lightning strike of the building. It’s impossible to describe the feeling of being in this giant open building the moment it channeled an electric explosion into the earth.
The interior of one of the curved corridors that connect two wards. Note the original floor’s hand-laid tile pattern. Portra 160.
The screen and mineral stained window cross-processed the sky.
A familiar scene in Control Tower B, though the microphone has not been used for years.
While squatting in the power plant a very powerful storm moved over unforgettable, throwing blasts of lightning across the countryside. The plant got a direct hit, in fact, and the sound of the boom reverberating through the turbine hall is something unforgettable.