The only way to get to the second floor–since demolition crews punched-out the staircases and ladders leading upwards–was to climb this elevator shaft. In the lower-left corner is a blower for the foundry furnaces.
When Nopeming was affiliated with local farms, it often slaughtered its own livestock. This is the part of the hospital where food would be prepped, below the stage in the Service Building.
The fantastic red elevator that is Pool #61, built 1928.
Mill Hell before the University of Minnesota began developing the area. Now many of the buildings are gone, there are new roads and even bike paths.
This was a living space for the keepers during storms, when it was too dangerous to return to the houses on the point.
Looking through Workhouse A from the top of a silo.
Outside the Chateau, where the fuel oil tank blocks the chapel.
The Port Arthur elevator row, as seen from the edge of Fort William.