Looking from the rail shipping building through pigeon-proofing chicken wire at another manufacturing building in high Fall.
A side door for the brick factory.
Looking from a high window in the abandoned Ogilvie’s elevator across “The Kam”, the true size of the Starch Works is surprising.
While squatting in the power plant a very powerful storm moved over unforgettable, throwing blasts of lightning across the countryside. The plant got a direct hit, in fact, and the sound of the boom reverberating through the turbine hall is something unforgettable.
The average sugar mill in 1915 consumed about 11,000 acres of sugar beets
This was taken before the top of the docks really started to rot-out; now this stretch past the crane is distinctly unsafe to cross. Still, you can’t beat the view of Dock #2 winding into the distance, where the approach is chopped-off before the yard used to extend.
Before there was a row of double rooms on the left and a common room on the right. Now, in a way, it is all one big common room.
The east side of the boiler shop sported a platform with a control booth and heavy machine mounts. Note the door that replaces the lower section of stairs for explorers.