One of two circa-1941 nudes ‘medallions’ that adore the sides of the house. To the right is the proscenium and to the left is the backstage area.
The side stairs were worn smooth by use.
On the left is the broken glass room that contains the controls for the cable spool, now gone, that sat in the metal shell on the right. The stairs led down to the hoisting engine itself. You can make out the slits where the cable ran up to the headframe tower through the gaping archway.
Early bird catches the shadow of Battle Mountain blaring across the ghost town.
This volume gauge could be read from 30 feet away, which is useful when the control panels and valves are that far away.
Local kids probably call this the ‘Shootin’ Shack’, judging by its war wounds.
The basements of the barracks were often stone and brick, and many of them were connected by short tunnels.
The glow from the city is bright enough to read by.
To the right is the spiral staircase. This building had a definite “floor problem”.