Standing where the Final Assembly Building used to hum and staring across the former site of the Sheet Metal and Spring buildings. Today, of course, the Foundry is gone as well, so you’d be looking across Prairie Ave.
One level below where the cotton was nitrated, the fumes must have been powerful. This floor had several massive ventilation fans in its walls.
Camera: Pentax 67.
A big sign marks where the elevated walkway is severed where Dock 2 used to meet Dock 3, now gone.
The oldest part of this mill had a wooden roof that rotted away long ago. Slowly, rust is dulling the edge on every cog left behind.
A sizable crane on the corner of the engine house still swings out.
Looking at the boarded exterior of the newer area of the orphanage from its 1914 section.
Allouez had already suffered one major fire. It didn’t need another–especially under Dock 1’s wooden approach.
A warning sticker on the interior of a dredge once tied to the old dock.