These stairs connected some small main-level offices with one of the main sewing rooms above. Because the roof on this building was strong, it was pretty well preserved–look at those colors. Through the open fire door on the left, though, you can see that the roof has given out.
One leg of the headframe meets the hoist house. Two cranes are rusted in place.
These were some of the most attractive shops of all the mines in the area. It’s no wonder Hanna Mining wanted to use them as their center of operations in the Iron River district.
San Luis may not be a ghost town, but it’s aspiring by all indications. Luckily, it’s close enough to Cuba, NM to hang onto life, unlike the other ghost towns down the road.
Water vapor was collected and condensed to be reused in other processes. Kodak Tri-X 400/Leica M7
Looking through the washer that is the first stop for the dredgings.
Storms and waves, focused by the Port of Wisconsin entry have focused the faces to tear-up these boards below.
The walls are separating on the adobe house…
Little has changed inside the mill, but since it was built in 1916, many tanks and ancillary buildings have popped up around it.