Dr. Muchow’s offices stand near his ‘new’ mill, but they show evidence of vandalism.
An abandoned gatehouse bearing the name of the former factory.
It looks like this doorway was bricked up while the building behind it was still being used as a rail shop.
One of the most beautiful exterior features of the hospital are these turret vents, highly stylized and beautiful to behold.
A cracked sign at dock-level, where loading boats would be tied below the taconite conveyors. All across the surface of the concrete dock were taconite pellets, like slippery little marbles. One wrong step could put a worker in the water, which is a bad, bad place to be.
At Treasure Mountain mine. This collapsed building was likely the 1937 Compressor House, which pushed compressed air and water into the Sanitago Tunnel in the time it was producing.
Where the trees are sprouting–below the skyways and criss-crossing pipes–are two sets of railroad tracks that turned through this narrow alleyway through the middle of the production line to drop off raw materials and pick up finished product.
This building had the rusty remains of a few mattresses, likely used in the 1940s when this site was last occupied.
2008. Harris Machinery as seen from the roof of ADM-Delmar Elevator #4.