…a better view of the huge tailings boom stretching outside of the tailings pond.
After a short rainfall douses the mill in downtown Fergus Falls, the river next to the brick walls swells and the sounds of water overtakes the echos of the nearby bars. Reflections are on the foundation of the former distribution and rail building.
This concrete sections supported a coal tower that loaded the larry.
Looking toward downtown, one is reminded that when Stahlmann built here in 1855 that it was on the very edge of the city.
Shells of mixing buildings.
Across the walls of the brick repair shop, near where men and machine entered Shaft No. 3, vines, pipes, and graffiti battle unknowingly for visual prominence.
Sidewalks to a boarded barracks, each making the other obsolete in the night.
A bird near the old schoolyard.
A portrait of the second school of McConnell, built in 1937.