Near the base of the mesa is a modern house, which seems to be a ranch of some sort. What a fantastic spot to live, but for the fact every rainstorm floods the arryos, muddy ditches at the bottom of gullies, making it impossible to travel.
A look straight down into the chutes were taconite pellets would dump into the dock hoppers. Rebar was a safety measure to keep workers from being buried alive, were they to slip into the holes.
This elevator was built in 1922 and was used until the passing rails were removed in the mid-1970s.
The Peavey logo, before it rusted off and the offices were demolished.
This miner locker room has probably never been so clean.
The pigeons and raccoons have no use for these, so they will sit empty until snow or fire removes them by force.
Standing where the Standard Oil’s boiler used to sit; the coal room is on the right, and would have been filled from trackside.
Outside the Chateau, where the fuel oil tank blocks the chapel.
A little cloud passes over the Five-Stack powerplant ruins, like a puff of smoke.