Looking up at the remodeled projection booth from the small stage.
The beacon was installed in 1938 and removed in the mid-2000s.
Looking down into the lunch building of an Atlas D, near the motors for the retractable roof. In this design, the roof separates to allow the missile to be erected into launch position.
Some of the internal staircases were fitted with cages that wound round down the stairs to deter suicidal patients from taking a dive.
Dominion was acquired by UGG, which designated the elevator ‘M’. Their offices still have safety signage.
Though the proscenium went through two overhauls (1940s, 1970s), it is almost totally original to the 1916 design.
This corner of the building was the coal room, used to feed the two big boilers inside. The steam equipment has been replaced with electric, so this section may not have changed much in the past decades.
Looking from the main shop into the boiler shop, one of three attached buildings that specialized in certain repairs. One thing that architectural photographers have to work with is an elongated “magic hour” with ideal shadowing and coloring–this photo is a result of that lighting.
This “pit” would allow workers to crawl below locomotives to service them.