Poor Farm – Main Building A close-up of the main building, now in ruins. Source: Michigan Tech Archives (MS058-102-08-001) Related Similar Images ...based on the tags: historical-image... Two miners use hydraulic hammers to fill a waiting cart. Pit doors on a similar base. From Library of Congress, Prints and Photographs Division, Historic American Engineering Record [HAER MN-100-98] A map of the mines overlaid with the plant (now demolished). Dock 1, Allouez, August 1941. Library of Congress, Prints & Photographs Division, FSA-OWI Collection, (LC-USF34- 063775-D). Peavey Workhouse Demolition, September 13th, 1997 (LaFontaine Collection) A postcard of Birtle in the 1930s. From Manitoba Historical Society. Construction of the lower portal of the tunnel begins. On top of the hill, another crew is working to make the job go faster. Circa 1906, courtesy Minnesota Historical Society. The first school at Birtle with teepees, as photographed in 1908. From Rob McInnes, Manitoba Historical Society. Erskine, A.R. (1924). History of the studebaker corporation . South Bend, IN: Studebaker Corp.