This heavy door opens directly into the missile vault and was used to load and unload the missile erector.
On the left is the 1907 elevator section and its 1926 expansion is on the right. Interesting how the century-old silos seem to be faring better. Windows provided light to the underground conveyor tunnels, which were used to bring grain out of the silos by gravity.
…out of our depth.
The train loading tower (left), and elevators. Check out that giant flagpole/lightning rod.
Looking at the ghost sign from a rust-locked cement conveyor that linked the silos with a packing warehouse.
New friends met at the exploring expo.
Rogers Mine is one of the most structurally sound mines in the Iron River area that isn’t part of a museum.
Beside the half-demolished Thunder Bay Elevator shops and offices (brick building) are some rusting fishing boats. A little bit of SWP #7 is seen in the upper right.
The roof had structures bigger than most buildings in South Bend.