Sunset through a stained window in the headhouse made the floor feel like a heavy industrial Disney movie.
Park Insurance Agency is no longer in business, nor would you be able to dial that phone number.
A reminder to the manlift riders to get off the belt before they hit their heads on the ceiling. This is the top level of the headhouse, where dust collectors would extract most of the grain bits from the air to reduce risk of explosion.
Candy jar molds, in the far corner of the paint shop.
What looks to be a skip for repairing the dock, in the concrete steeple.
In the mine offices, hooks and a board with numbers was the system to keep track of who was in the mine and who was safe.
The view from the larry, looking out at the overgrowing coke oven top. Papers listed the order of the charges for each oven, noting the sticky doors and persistent leaks. Emergency respirators and rescue gear was stored close, as long exposure to emissions from the rusty hatches could make worker pass out on the top of the ovens.
General Mills bought Consolidated Elevator’s “D” in 1943 and renamed it “A,” though no additional elevators have followed from that firm to date. Visible on the right is the first annex, built along with the elevator in 1909.