A panorama of the dock buildings, before the left one was demolished.
A view of the Harris offices, complete with great block glass.
A truck loading dock for raw materials. Looking at the concrete, you can sort of tell where the rails used to run.
Pillsbury from across the Mississippi River and Stone Arch Bridge from the roof of the Washburn Crosby Elevator (aka Gold Medal Flour).
The overgrown offices serve no one at this former Federal Elevator in Snowflake, MB.
A one-of-a-kind installation in Armour’s otherwise gutted engine house.
A screened water wheel, presumably for rotating the dredge once it lowered its “foot” to pivot in place.
These copulas made the iron for casting.
In the days when steam locomotives required immense amounts of water, water towers such as this served the rail line as crucial rail infrastructure. This specific tower was built in 1903 for Canadian Pacific and is one of the last of its kind. Inside is a giant cedar-lined tank with a 40,000 gallon capacity. Note the rails are gone, but the filler spout remains.