The second floor was hit by arson years ago, but it still carries the telltale features of its original design, specifically the woodwork below the roof.
A truck loading dock for raw materials. Looking at the concrete, you can sort of tell where the rails used to run.
Hunter and the Hoist House.
An experimental shaft dug in the 1950s and its Hoist House.
These houses were built for the use of the lighthouse keepers in 1913 (left) and 1916 (right). The second house was added when the entry added a fourth light and required a second rotation. Today, there are no unbroken windows in either building.
The hiking around Central City is beautiful and full of history. Just get a proper topo map!
From left to right: shaft building, headframe, rock house, hoist house.
Looking across the spired rooftop of the Kirkbride building. In the foreground is a fire chute that contains a metal spiral slide designed to evacuate patients in case of a fire. Note the ironwork on the chimney.
One of the large barracks. All of them are overgrown like this.