An alarm panel in the powerpplant, now demolished.
Little has changed inside the mill, but since it was built in 1916, many tanks and ancillary buildings have popped up around it.
Partier graffiti dates to when the caves were last open to the public; probably in the 1990s. This tunnel used to horseshoe between the brewery’s ice chute (left) and basement door (right, backfilled). Note the utility tunnel in the upper-right corner as well as the lighting brackets on the ceiling.
The former express concourse, as seen in 2005.
Shells of mixing buildings.
This corner of the building was the coal room, used to feed the two big boilers inside. The steam equipment has been replaced with electric, so this section may not have changed much in the past decades.
To the right is the spiral staircase. This building had a definite “floor problem”.
This picture is lit by a direct lightning strike of the building. It’s impossible to describe the feeling of being in this giant open building the moment it channeled an electric explosion into the earth.