The entry point for the painting shed on the top floor. Cars would have a few feet in between them before they entered. Separate sheds would prime and add color.
This is the crane that would be used to lower extra-heavy bits of copper ore into the fire of the furnace.
A long exposure under the trestle-like approach to the dock, under which trains still pass regularly.
Part of the 1917 mill that had a little bit of roof left over it–most of this building was open to the sky. The birds loved it, but everything metal was quickly becoming too unstable to walk on.
The fantastic red elevator that is Pool #61, built 1928.
Robotic pincers to move molten rods of glass between machines.
The top floor of the nitrating house was full of switches and breakers for the operation below, each bearing a label and number. Nowadays everything is printed, but when INAAP was built, all these signs were painted by hand.
Note the large belt pulley in the center of the frame. Follow the axel it’s on and you’ll see several belts still attached to the drive, which was originally steam-driven.