Some of the ruins are way off the beaten path… foundations of tank stands and pillars of buildings that never had walls or roofs.
Without proper pressure, the steering engine was ineffective.
So much relies on one thing stacked on top of another thing.
It’s a small world… look at it.
A super-long exposure of the side of the middle of Daisy Elevator, built in 1927. The oldest silos are closest to the mill and date to 1916. They were expanded toward Superior in 1927 and 1941. The total capacity is about 500,000 bushels.
Water turned the taconite powder into a rusty, slippery paste… everywhere the water pooled up, doubling the beauty from certain special angles.
Negative twenty looks much warmer in retrospect, wouldn’t you say? Taken through the window of a gantry crane cab.
The middle section of the smokestacks were coal hoppers, and this device would load the coal into the hoppers from the conveyor belt it rode across. The bottom section of the stacks were storage rooms while the very top were, surprise, chimneys for the power plant.
The perimeter fence still holds strong, 50 years after it was put up.