This elevator was built in 1922 and was used until the passing rails were removed in the mid-1970s.
The bottom of the tailings boom is rotten. In days when the dredge, floated, gangways connected it to shore, it seemed. You can see the size of the pontoons under the boat here.
Bricks from the demolished buildings.
A shot of Longmont from the highway. Fuji 35mm.
In the quality assurance labs there is a old safe.
A storage vault for guns and other weapons to protect the base from attack.
Near the base of the mesa is a modern house, which seems to be a ranch of some sort. What a fantastic spot to live, but for the fact every rainstorm floods the arryos, muddy ditches at the bottom of gullies, making it impossible to travel.
Raab strolling where the coal and ore would be dumped by trains that traveled along the top of the concrete pilings.
This building was an office and lounge for engineers. It is also demolished.