A view of the Harris offices, complete with great block glass.
Looking out of the “back door”, where equipment could be lifted into the factory with a crane. The bottom of the coal conveyor can be seen outside.
A street side exposure of the original 1914 section of the orphanage. Turned into black and white to deemphasize all the graffiti across the front steps.
As the Barker steamed past the dock and island, the sunset casts the shadow of the Taconite Harbor receiving trestle on the boat. Through the fog, you can see some of the islands that were joined into a breakwater.
The moon highlights the contrails over the engine house in the middle of the night. Foreground light painted.
Sliding fireproof doors and an old hydrant at Harlowton’s old yards.
Steel mine hoists, near the place they worked, wait for scrap prices to justify their final removal from Osceola, Michigan.
An experimental shaft dug in the 1950s and its Hoist House.
It is unclear whether this area was for coal dumping or ore dumping, though the huge dents in the steel plating suggests the latter.