The front of the power plant (right), the distillery itself (center), and the regaling house (left).
In an old ward, two men would have shared this room.
Looking up at the LEMP malting plant elevator. Look at that BRICKWORK!
The middle section of the smokestacks were coal hoppers, and this device would load the coal into the hoppers from the conveyor belt it rode across. The bottom section of the stacks were storage rooms while the very top were, surprise, chimneys for the power plant.
The skyway in the bottom of the picture is now gone.
This elevator was built in 1922 and was used until the passing rails were removed in the mid-1970s.
A manhole cover sealing Clark House Creek below Superior Street.
Camera: Voigtlander Bessa Film: Acros 100
The powerhouse had two elevated tracks behind it, one for coal and one for deliveries.