On the outside of the steel silos and headhouse is a riveted bulge that does not look like the silos. Inside is this elevator, a rudimentary (read: dangerous) and old (read: dangerous) freight elevator.
Two small generators connected to a Frick steam engine.
Dominion was acquired by UGG, which designated the elevator ‘M’. Their offices still have safety signage.
It was interesting that, even though storms had carried the wooden walkway that stretched under the dock, these piles of spilled taconite remain where they had dropped.
Pipe fittings in little drawers, lit by tea lights.
One of the covered rail loading docks. All of them were overgrown and rust-clad.
Shoes and booze, backstage.
For some time, Purina ran a feed service out of the elevator. Inside and outside were signs of its past presence.
Standing on the ruins of the burned Northern Pacific RR Freight House. It’s the best place to watch ships move around the harbor. Some things haven’t changed…
General Mills bought Consolidated Elevator’s “D” in 1943 and renamed it “A,” though no additional elevators have followed from that firm to date. Visible on the right is the first annex, built along with the elevator in 1909.