This building was responsible for storing and drying the barrels. Compare right.
The Bunk House was not just for sleeping, but it was for eating and recreation too. In one corner, near the door to the Blacksmith Shop (left) is this terrific stove, probably original (circa 1937).
Looking through a secure ward door at the destroyed rooms beyond.
The shaft house, where hydraulic steel doors allowed or denied entry into the mine shaft. Overhead is a light and alarm. If it sounds, the mine is being evacuated, and you best not go in and best stay the hell out of the way. Locals dump tires here, now.
Note the severed skyway–that led to a set of grain elevators that have since been demolished.
A scene on the balcony.
The old boilers of the steam plant have been mostly gutted to remove loose asbestos.
Mill Hell before the University of Minnesota began developing the area. Now many of the buildings are gone, there are new roads and even bike paths.