A mix of brick and stone construction where the stock house meets the cellars. The caves brought well water to the brewery and drained the refuse away, and the various sewer connections are visible here and tell the story of the company’s expansion above.
“This way,” then, “No, that way!”
This sawtooth roof collapsed months later under the weight of an early snow.
Past the underground repair shop is this cliffside adit.
The walkway to the end of the dock is elevated, so one walks above the trees and bushes growing in the rotting taconite pellets that have collected over the years.
The fantastic red elevator that is Pool #61, built 1928.
A burned and rusted control panel in the corner of the new hoist room.
Shadows of the rusty trestle and cold control towers on the Barker. Workers are preparing to swing over the sides of the boat to help secure her to the Minnesota Power dock.