The coal water power plant stack accompanied the smell of an arson.
The working end of the blast furnace, where molten metal would flow like lava out of the furnace… a process called ‘tapping’.
The EPA has been doing work on and off over the past few years, digging up the foundations of the demolished steel mill to clean up the site.
A few from atop the steam gauges along the western wall. The turbines were scrapped quickly after the plant closed, it seemed.
For some time, Purina ran a feed service out of the elevator. Inside and outside were signs of its past presence.
Looking across the whole milling operation from its dedicated powerhouse stretching across Eagle River.
Typical New Mexico ranch fencing. The power lines follow the rails between Springer and Wagon Mound.
General Mills bought Consolidated Elevator’s “D” in 1943 and renamed it “A,” though no additional elevators have followed from that firm to date. Visible on the right is the first annex, built along with the elevator in 1909.
The top floor of the Dominion Elevator. Acros 100 on 120.