The beacon was installed in 1938 and removed in the mid-2000s.
A wide view of the poor house. Look at the smokestack and elevator shaft, which show the former roofline.
Only two machines sit on the rails in the roundhouse, both oil cars. It’s not clear whether there’s anything inside either, but they have to have been placed here before 1970, when the turntable outside these numbered doors was removed.
A chalkboard halfway to the headhouse is untouched since the mill closed. It still has the cheat sheets!
To get more light into the wards, the building was narrow and had angular rooms, often staff space, perpendicular to the main hallway.
Broken skyways in the sand casting house, where everything was utterly fire-resistant.
The gothic landing between balcony and classroom level and the ground floor.
The orange bars were secured to the tunnel walls to support electric lines for the mine carts. Lower parts of the sand mines were allowed to flood. The water was perfectly still, and made for a mud so thick it could suck off your boots.